The Futronic FS80H can be used in below applications:
- DMIT fingerprint scanning
- Windows login through Fingerprints
- Software for attendance.
- Software for authentication
- Used in Windows Hello in windows 10.
The authentication and attendance software must be developed on Futronic SDK or SDK which is compatible with Futronic devices. The free scan API (with source code) will be provided to capture the fingerprints where matching is not required.
If a customer wishes to develop an authentication system in which matching is required then he can use Futronic SDK. The Futronic SDK is available for Windows, Linux/Android, and MacOS separately. An ANSI ISO SDK is also available which is used to generate ANSI/ISO standard fingerprint minutiae template from captured fingerprint image.
Futronic FS80H Pro USB 2.0 optical fingerprint scanner technology for fingerprint identification systems, biometric devices, time clock software, and biometric access control.
The FS80H is a high-quality optical fingerprint scanner with a rugged case and tough crown glass window. Futronic’s FS80H USB 2.0 Fingerprint Scanner uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to deliver a high-quality fingerprint image. It can capture an almost un-distorted raw fingerprint image into a PC in 100ms, making it ideal for a fingerprint recognition application.
Its finger scanning window is 14mm thick, which means it is much more reliable and robust compared to any semiconductor-type fingerprint sensor.
The finger is illuminated by 4 infra-red LEDs during scanning and the light intensity is automatically adjusted according to a fingerprint’s characteristics (wet, dry, blurred, etc) to optimize the quality of the captured fingerprint image. A special electronic circuit is built into the FS80H to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). With the appropriate software in a PC, a user can select this LFD feature so that only a live fingerprint will be scanned. Fake fingers made from silicone, rubber, play-doh, etc, will be rejected.
Features and Benefits of Futronic FS80H Fingerprint Scanner
- Precise optics allow the scanning of practically undistorted fingerprint images
- Live Finger Detection rejects fake fingers made from silicone, rubber, play-doh or other materials
- Infra-red illumination allows scanning of wet, dry, blurred and other problematic fingers
- Rugged sensor has a thick (14 mm) crown glass used for platen
- Practically indestructible scanner surface
Size: 64 x 66 x 27 mm
Weight: 120 g
Operating temperature: -10 to + 55°C
2M standard USB cable
Supply voltage: C 4.5-5.5 V via USB port
Power consumption: Active <700mW, Standby <200mW, Sleep mode <2.5mW
ESD contact – 8KV no permanent damage
ESD air discharge – 16DV no permanent damage
Window size: 16 x 24 mm
Image resolution: 320×480 pixels, 500 DPI, 8-bit gray level
Fingerprint image size: 150K
Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature
Major features and benefit Futronic FS80H Fingerprint Scanner:
Futronic’s FS80H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to deliver high-quality fingerprint image. It can capture an almost un-distorted raw fingerprint image into PC in 100ms. So it is good for any fingerprint recognition application.
It’s finger scanning window is a crown glass with a thickness of 14mm. So it is much more reliable and robust compared to any semiconductor type fingerprint sensor.
The finger is illuminated by 4 infra-red LEDs during scanning and the light intensity is automatically adjusted according to scanning fingerprint’s characteristics (wet, dry, blurred, etc) to optimize the quality of the captured fingerprint image.
The special electronic circuit is built into FS80H to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). That is, with appropriate software in PC, the user can select this LFD feature so that only live finger’s fingerprint will be scanned into PC. Fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh, etc, will be rejected. And the LFD feature is included in all Futronic’s standard software.
Specification Futronic’s FS80H / FS81H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 16x24mm
- Image resolution is 320×480 pixel, 500 DPI
- The image format is 8 bit 256 grayscale.
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
- With Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature
- USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device. WHQL approved for Vista 32&64 bit.
- With a 2M standard USB cable
- Small size, 64 x 48 x 27 mm
- Light weight, 120g
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 C
- FS81H OEM Module
- FS81H is OEM module of FS80H for customers who want to integrate FS80H into their own products, such as handheld POS machine and portable voter registration station. It is same as FS80H but without the plastic shell and USB cable so that it can be embedded into any target system. It does not support Live Finger Detection(LFD). FS81H size is 56(L) x 45(W) x 19(H) mm and weight is 80g. Please contact Futronic for detail mechanical drawing
- Futronic provides USB drivers and API for FS80H to capture a raw fingerprint image on the following platforms:
- Windows XP/2003, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista/2008, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows 7/8, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- MAC OS(version 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7, Intel CPU)
- Android 3.1 and higher with USB Host port.
- Please download demo programs from our website www.futronic-tech.com to try and contact Futronic for more details.