Optimize up to 50% on Storage Consumption with Matrix IP Cameras
Storage and Bandwidth Cost Multiplying Each Day?
Presenting: Matrix IP Cameras with Adaptive Streaming Feature
Storage space can be calculated by the formula given below:
1) 2 MP Camera will occupy 22 GB space while recording at 25 FPS and 2 Mbps CBR for 1 day.
2) 3 MP Camera will occupy 33 GB space while recording at 25 FPS and 3 Mbps CBR for 1 day.
The user can reduce the storage space by selecting H.265 Encoding in Recording Stream.
Through H.265 usage with NVR alone, we can extend the recording duration by 40%.
Storage Space Consumed/Day_H.265_2Mbps_VBR = 19.20GB
The user can also reduce the storage space by using Matrix camera’s inbuilt features like Adaptive Recording & Smart Streaming.
H.265_2Mbps_VBR + Adaptive Streaming_Full Day = 11.12GB
H.265_2Mbps_VBR + Smart Streaming_Full Day = 16.07GB
Hence, with Matrix’s Smart streaming, we can save about 16% of the additional storage space.
What is Adaptive Streaming?
Streaming at a higher bit rate during motion ensures the best quality videos. However, in a scenario where there is no motion the camera should automatically be able to reduce the bit rate and frames per second. This is essential because it is of no use to capture multiple frames of the same scenario.
The Adaptive Streaming feature does this by:
- Streaming at higher bit rate and frames/second during activity period
- Automatically reducing bit rate and frames/Second during no activity period
- Storage and Bandwidth Optimization
- Saves 45-50% Storage Space and Bandwidth
- Reduces 50% Storage Costs
Edge Storage in Video Recorders and Cameras is Supported
Centralized Playback and Investigation of Branch Offices using Locally Stored Data
Very Low Bandwidth Required for Centralized Monitoring and Management of all Branch Offices
Export Event-based Video Clip/Snapshot to Central Location on NAS/FTP