How to learn anything
Have you ever face a situation when you read a chapter when you tried to recall it you were not able to reproduce even a single point. The problem might be that the method of learning you are using is one of the least efficient ways of learning.
Everyone is different from each other. There is not a single way of learning which is helpful for everyone to learn anything. But we have to find the way which suits us and is very efficient for us to learn. May be it doesn’t suit to our friend but that single way can suit to us and we can learn anything very easily by that way of learning.
Recognize the suitable way-
According to the psychologists, some people find that dictating a topic to someone else is the best way of learning. They say that during their degree or schooling they used to dictate some topics to their friends who did not attend the lectures. And at the exams time they found that recall of those dictated topics much easier in comparison of those topics which were not dictated. They find it easy to recall those topics even after a long period.
One of my friends has always been topper of his class even he never gives much time to his study except the class lectures. He is such a brilliant guy. After asking the way he uses to be on top always, he told that he gives full attention to the teacher’s words and makes his own notes on the same time while receiving the lecture. After that he reads that notes at the exams time and that time he can recall the topics without any efforts because he made these notes by himself. So, making the notes is the easiest way of learning for him.
Different ways of learning-
There are many easy and different ways of learning which can be suitable person to person. Some of them are-
- Dictate the topic– Although receiving the lecture is least effective way of learning, dictating the topic or giving the lecture is one of the most effective way of learning what you are being told. You can dictate your topics to your friends who were not present there at the time of lecture or you can stand in front of the mirror and can deliver a lecture to yourself.
- Make your notes– When you attend the class just give attention to the lectures and try to make the notes yourself. When you write on a topic that matter automatically enters in your long term memory which latter helps you to recall it without any effort.
- Revise the topic– After receiving the lecture try to revise the lecture or what you heard from the lecture. The psychologists believe that revising anything forward it from short term memory to long term memory. If it’s possible try to revise the entire stuff, which you learned in the week days, on the weekend. Revising the matter weekly makes its learning strong and you will never forget it.
- Write Articles– If you have any blog or a website try to spend some time on writing an article on the topic which learn in the day. By writing the article you will prepare your notes as well as you will be able to provide the stuff to your blogs or website. At the same time if ever you need to revise the topic you just need to click on your blog or website and can easily revise it.
- Discuss the topic– Making a discussion on the topic with your social circle is one of the easiest ways that you have available for learning anything. Wherever you get a chance, bring a topic you would like to discuss and share your wealth of knowledge as well as listen the experience of the others on that topic. The more you can discuss a topic the better your ability will be to learn it and to recall it in the future. Moreover, there are many ways you can discuss any topic like: forum, twitter, or any social networks.
- Relate the topic– Whenever you try to learn anything; try to relate it with something you are familiar with. You can relate it with any story or any funny experience of your life. The psychologists have proven that a thing which has been learnt by relating with any situation of one’s own life lasts long than the thing learnt by simple way.
- Imagine yourself in the situation– To learn a thing, try to create a situation related to the topic and imagine yourself in that situation. Imagine your friends or other family members in place of other characters of your situation. This will give you a personal interest in the topic. And one can learn the personal experiences more easily and can recall it at any time in his/her whole life.
As most of the things in life, this is not applied to every single person at every single time. As stated above, some have high rate of success by dictating a topic or some can learn better by making their own notes while for some it may not work as successfully. But by working on these find out which deemed to be the efficient way of learning and try the one which works best for you. If you find the best for you, you can learn anything very easily by applying it.
So, when you are going to start working on these to find the best way of learning for you?